Just tell me why???

Discuss Hosta Virus X and share pictures and information on this ever increasing threat to hosta growing.

Moderators: redcrx, Chris_W

mooie

Just tell me why???

Post by mooie »

I really was quite dismayed :o to see a seller on eBay offering Lunacy and Walden (sp) to sell. :cry: :evil: Now this person is obviously a collector by the sheer volume of plants he offers each week. I would think that he would have enough common sense not to offer these obviously infected plants to the unknowing public..
I've emailed him about it, but the bottom line is, it's all up to him.

mooie
~Imagine~
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

Mooie, would you please post a link?
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
shadylanejewel
USDA Zone: 8a

Post by shadylanejewel »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

Looks like the seller pulled the auction. :D
Julie

"To Plant a Seed is a Noble Deed - Propagation is Conservation" Norman C. Deno, Professor Emeritus of Chemistry
mooie

Post by mooie »

Yes he pulled the auctions as he had more 'wondering why' comments than me. Glad he had the sense.

mooie
~Imagine~
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:beer: Yippee! I intended to write to the Seller but I could find the item but I won't have to now! :P
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

I often wonder if these people find a virused hosta, try to identify it, find a name and picture that fits and then just call it that. Like someone last year (or the year before) selling a named virused plant where that particular hosta's owner never divided it or gave it away or sold it.

Glad to hear that the auction was removed :D
mooie

Post by mooie »

Actually I'm quite sure the seller knew exactly what he was selling in this case. I'm not really going to give him any more of my time, especially since recieving a very rude and hostile email from him late last night. I can't help people who think money is more important than good sense.

mooie
~Imagine~
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

mooie wrote:Actually I'm quite sure the seller knew exactly what he was selling in this case. I can't help people who think money is more important than good sense.

mooie
You defiently hit the nail SQUARE on the head there. Sorry you had to deal with the BS from them
New Topic Post Reply