Is Filagree a virused plant?

Discuss Hosta Virus X and share pictures and information on this ever increasing threat to hosta growing.

Moderators: redcrx, Chris_W

LynneM

Is Filagree a virused plant?

Post by LynneM »

Do you think Filagree has hvx? Sure looks like like it on the pics in the hosta library. I really, really wanted this one 4 or 5 years ago...
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

I've always thought that this coloration could be caused by virus. But like Kiwi Forest, it hasn't been proven. I'm not sure how much testing has been done on it, but some of these are believed to be natural. In time it might be found that some of these mottled plants really are some kind of disease, just maybe not virus?
Liselotte

Filagree

Post by Liselotte »

Filagree was also on my wishlist. When Ice Age trail was available, I bought some even before they were named. They are looking good but 3 weeks ago Spilt Milk went into a pot to the isolation area. Since it came from Holland im 2003, it will be watched carefully. With such a variety of symtoms after late frosts in June, it may have been frost damage.
There is still the question, if new summer leaves looking perfect, does mean no virus is present??? :bd:
New Topic Post Reply