More hosta pictures

Discuss Hosta Virus X and share pictures and information on this ever increasing threat to hosta growing.

Moderators: redcrx, Chris_W

Marnett

More hosta pictures

Post by Marnett »

This gold standard might not be sick? And then a picture of one of my rescue hostas, and a picture of June.
Attachments
June
June
Rescue
Rescue
gold standard 7
gold standard 7
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

I can't tell for sure, but I don't think I see anything that looks like HVX. I'm sure others will take a peek and give you their opinion. I'm definitely no expert at it. At first I thought your rescue plant might have nematodes. They tend to show up later in the season, but again...I'm not sure. It could be something else also causing that brownish look.
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

The brown is sunburn. It appears that all of your hostas are in a lot of sun, and they are definitely burning.

The top Gold Standard does not appear to have the virus, but that one below it in the same picture definitely has HVX! If all 3 of the Gold Standard came in the same batch I would be wary of the ones that don't show it too.

Get rid of the infected ones as soon as you can.

Sorry :(

Chris
Marnett

Thank you

Post by Marnett »

Thanks for your help with my hostas. We had to get rid of an elm that had Dutch elm disease, and we lost much of the shade in that area of the garden.
New Topic Post Reply