What about Bachman's? (Minnesota nursery)

Discuss Hosta Virus X and share pictures and information on this ever increasing threat to hosta growing.

Moderators: redcrx, Chris_W

GibbsCorner
USDA Zone: 3-4

What about Bachman's? (Minnesota nursery)

Post by GibbsCorner »

Well, it sounds like I should be avoiding the big box hostas. But, maybe some Minnesotans in the know can help me on this: what about Bachman's? Do they have a clue about HVX? I got a couple of hostas there last year - should I be worried? After reading this forum a bit, I was suspicious of their "Sum and Substance" so didn't buy those.

Chris is my first choice for a source, of course, but I have to leave room for impulse buys! :lol:

Matt
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

I had never heard of Bachman's in Minnesota, so I checked the Garden Watchdog sight to see if there was anything about it there. There was one comment about it , which was positive, but that doesn't tell you much about whether they are up on HVX or not. I hope someone will have some info for you soon.
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Hosta Lady of Anoka

Post by Hosta Lady of Anoka »

I am from the Northern Twin Cities area and have been to Bachman's many times. Last year I saw Striptease that was possibly the WORST case of HVX I have ever seen!!! Waited in a long line to inform the person at the "desk" but ran out of time, before it was my "turn".

I know Bachman's has a very good reputation, but watch out for Hosta!!! They are not immune to HVX!!

Anoka county, klas
New Topic Post Reply