Wolverine, R.I.P

Discuss Hosta Virus X and share pictures and information on this ever increasing threat to hosta growing.

Moderators: redcrx, Chris_W

nimblewill

Wolverine, R.I.P

Post by nimblewill »

Chris, thanks for taking a look at these, and I'm sorry that I cluttered up your sticky post. Should have started a new post to begin with, but i'll do it now (to compound the confusion).

The first pic shows the puckering on a couple of leaves and you may be able to see some of the mottling.

The second pic is a close-up of one of the puckered leaves. The mottling is more evident.

In the third pic, something else is going on. The spots that are brown in the picture are actually a red-orange.

I haven't found the plant tag yet. I usually bury them in front of the plant, and it may be bound up with the roots. I wanted to do whatever we were going to do with the foliage before tearing into the roots.
Attachments
wWolverine1.jpg
wWolverine1.jpg (23.92 KiB) Viewed 2291 times
wWolverine2.jpg
wWolverine2.jpg (13.81 KiB) Viewed 2291 times
wWolverine3.jpg
wWolverine3.jpg (15.71 KiB) Viewed 2291 times
Bill

Gardening requires lots of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. ~Lou Erickson
nimblewill

Post by nimblewill »

OK, I got the pictures reversed. But the one in the middle is right. :D
Bill

Gardening requires lots of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. ~Lou Erickson
nimblewill

Post by nimblewill »

Chris, I found the tag, and it was just where it wasn't supposed to be. Does this help?
Attachments
Tag back.jpg
Tag back.jpg (15.87 KiB) Viewed 2236 times
Tag front.jpg
Tag front.jpg (15.75 KiB) Viewed 2236 times
Bill

Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Hi Bill,

That is a Darwin Plants tag, so this definitely came from Holland. Also, while talking with Bill Meyer, he brought to my attention that this probably was never a plant of Wolverine either, but looks like it was mismarked.

Thanks for the confirmation on this though.

Chris
nimblewill

Post by nimblewill »

Thanks Chris (and Bill Meyer). I'm kind of glad to hear it's probably not Wolverine. Aside from the virus, it seemed to be more of a Fido. It would melt out in the light of a full moon. Maybe I'll try Wolverine again someday. Maybe.
Bill

New Topic Post Reply