Temple Bells

Discuss Hosta Virus X and share pictures and information on this ever increasing threat to hosta growing.

Moderators: redcrx, Chris_W

Mary Ann

Temple Bells

Post by Mary Ann »

Just noticed distortions and lumpiness on Temple Bells. Alongside of it is my favorite Sea Thunder. Should I pitch them? I haven't dug into that bed in 3 years.
Attachments
May 26 069.JPG
May 26 069.JPG (58.23 KiB) Viewed 2718 times
May 26 070.JPG
My Hosta List

The Best Things in Life Aren't Things
Hey_J

Post by Hey_J »

Mary Ann---no opinion about the hosta virus possibility
but I just had to comment on the quality of that first photo!
It is amazingly clear and sharp!!!

Do you mind if I ask what camera you're using??
Janice
Mary Ann

Post by Mary Ann »

Omigosh, Janice, thanks. I try very hard to get good sharp details, sometimes I succeed. :D I have a Kodak DC215. Just last week Justaysam related the merits of using a tripod especially for close-ups, so I found one at a garage sale and have been using it today. Or you can use a rock or a post to rest the camera on to prevent movement.

The pictures you've posted have always been crisp and clear, so why would you ask?
My Hosta List

Hey_J

Post by Hey_J »

Why thank you, Mary Ann--but I really don't think they compare to yours! I always look forward to yours and having seen this one, I was just really struck with the clarity, especially since my contacts need changing tonight and everything looks abit blurry to me, at best! This one, of yours was clear to me, even with my "problem" tonight! LOL

So, I just had to know what you were using to get such great quality. I may have to try using a tripod, because
I tend to not be able to really get a steady shot most times!!

Keep up the good work and if that one was done with the tripod, which I think you were saying, then it's well worth the extra work to set up!

I can't wait to see more from you! :O)
Janice
Mary Ann

Post by Mary Ann »

Nah, that was a month ago. I must have been resting the camera on my nose. :lol:
My Hosta List

Hey_J

Post by Hey_J »

Wow--I AM impressed!!!!
Janice
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Mary Ann, have you seen distortion on the new leaves? Back then I wasn't sure if this was frost damage or not, although when I see distortion going in both directions (bumping up and sinking in) then it is suspicious. But if the new leaves have come out just fine it may have been frost damage.
New Topic Post Reply