sick queen josephine?

Discuss Hosta Virus X and share pictures and information on this ever increasing threat to hosta growing.

Moderators: redcrx, Chris_W

valereee

sick queen josephine?

Post by valereee »

I have a Queen Josephine that is looking sick. It doesn't look like any other case of HVX that I've seen photos of, but I thought I'd post it here and see if anyone can tell me if Queen Josephine shows the virus differently from others.

Thanks for any help!

Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Hi Valerie,

Looks like too much water and possibly too much sun - maybe a little of both. Doesn't look like HVX though. The new foliage should be better and then you could trim off any that looks really bad.
valereee

Post by valereee »

Chris, I'm relieved to hear it's not likely to be HVX. But this silly hosta -- I don't know what to do with it. It emerges every year looking beautiful and then gets uglier and uglier. Every year it gets these brown marks. I'm going to have to either move it to a less prominent spot or get rid of it, I think. Maybe I can put it back at the back of the yard and let the deer snack on it instead of my edamame. :D

Thanks!

Val
bengal

Post by bengal »

Am I impressed with myself! Didn't you post that pic on another forum? I suggested too much water! Me, the person with the hosta "collection" of about 20 plants! Who knew I was so smart :lol: Seriously though, good news its not virus.
valereee

Post by valereee »

Bengal, I did post it to GW too!
New Topic Post Reply