Question about planting another hosta when one had virus...

Discuss Hosta Virus X and share pictures and information on this ever increasing threat to hosta growing.

Moderators: redcrx, Chris_W

Nathalie23

Question about planting another hosta when one had virus...

Post by Nathalie23 »

One of my Gold Standard have the virus... :cry:

My question is can I plant another hosta in the same place or should I wait (and how long should I?). My first guest is that I can't put an another hosta since the virus is in the roots...

By the way, I went at a nursery last weekend and a lot of hostas had the virus :eek: and the others had a lot of little brown spots :o (I don't know if that's also the virus...). Even if there was at a good price I didn't buy anything but I'm worry because last year I bought 5 or 6 hostas there... :( I told a women about virus but she said that the hostas weren't sick but just had chemical reactions... :evil: )

I begin to think that not a lot of persons in Quebec know about the virus... I'm scared and I can't wait that the news will spread (hopefully quicker than the virus itself!!!)
Nathalie

I usually speak french so sorry for my mistakes in english
Nathalie23 Hosta List
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Nathalie......you need to wait at least two weeks or so before planting something else in that spot. That should give the roots time to die off. Chris will probably pop on to confirm that, so wait for his "official" answer to your question.
Sorry about your virused hosta. :(
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

I could be wrong, but I thought you couldn't plant for that season.......like wait till the next spring......Like Joan said, wait for Chris!

Sorry about your hosta's, and you did good telling them.....you can always give them the link to here on the virus X forum, or the Hosta Library has information too..... :D
New Topic Post Reply