need pics of Diamond Tiara and A.M. Ventricosa

Discuss Hosta Virus X and share pictures and information on this ever increasing threat to hosta growing.

Moderators: redcrx, Chris_W

homesteadhostas

need pics of Diamond Tiara and A.M. Ventricosa

Post by homesteadhostas »

Does anybody have pics of HVX on Diamond Tiara or A.M. Ventricosa?
andrea
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Hi there,

I'm not sure what "A.M." Ventricosa is (Aureomarginata?), but here are pictures of Diamond Tiara and ventricosa for you.

Diamond Tiara will get a dull finish on it, along with some light mottling, and will be a little smaller than normal at the same age as a healthy plant. ventricosa, its hybrids, and relatives display sunken and distorted tissue the follows lengthwise along the veins.

The tiaras can catch the virus very easily and will show symptoms quickly, usually within weeks/months. Ventricosa and its relatives (ventricosa, lakeside black satin, lakeside coalminer, etc.) also seem to catch the virus very easily due to the large number of reports of virus found in them in people's gardens.

I hope that helps!

Chris
Attachments
Lakeside Black Satin - seedling/clone from ventricosa
Lakeside Black Satin - seedling/clone from ventricosa
LakesideBlackSatin.jpg (52.6 KiB) Viewed 1850 times
Diamond Tiara with the contrast and brightness enhanced so you can see the mottling.
Diamond Tiara with the contrast and brightness enhanced so you can see the mottling.
Diamond Tiara
Diamond Tiara
Hosta ventricosa
Hosta ventricosa
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

:o Chris it that how HVX lloks like on ventricose... I would never have guessed ... thanks :o
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
New Topic Post Reply