Hopefully, better pics. (HUGE) for "diagnosis"?

Discuss Hosta Virus X and share pictures and information on this ever increasing threat to hosta growing.

Moderators: redcrx, Chris_W

Hey_J

Hopefully, better pics. (HUGE) for "diagnosis"?

Post by Hey_J »

Chris--I appreciate your offer to "read the leaves" by mail, but since I just purchased this hosta last week,
at a nursery where other cases of HVX have been spotted, and dealt with, hopefully appropriately, I would
return it if it is not "safe" to keep in my garden!! That makes me sad, because I really want a H.Grand Canyon,
but only if it's "healthy"!!!!

Happy Independence Day to you and All, BTW!!! Image

ImageImage

ImageImage

I know these are HUGE, and I hope it's not a "problem" but I'm trying to give you a close-up you can see easily!

BTW--how do I do the "clickable" thumbnails??
Janice
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Hi Janice,

This plant doesn't have HVX. The discoloration looks more like old cold damage, maybe overwater damage, but is nothing to worry about :)

To add an image (attachment) the picture on your computer has to be 80kb or less, then click on the Browse... button that is below in the section that says "Add an Attachment" when you are making a post. After you click the Browse.. button it will bring up the dialog box on your computer to let you find the image you want to attach, select it and click OK or Choose (depening on your computer), and then the file name should show up to the left of the Browse.. button. Enter a file comment if you want, then either click the Preview, Submit, or if you want to add up to 2 more images click on Add Attachment and it will load your first one and let you start over with another.

You can test it out in the Test Forum at the bottom of the main page.

I hope that helps!

Chris
Hey_J

Post by Hey_J »

WHEWWWW!!!!

Thank you, Chris!! I have been holding my breath to find out!
I feel sooo much better now! "Air" --- "it's a good thing!"

And thank you for helping me with info to make "clickables"!
Janice
New Topic Post Reply