more photos of Antioc

Discuss Hosta Virus X and share pictures and information on this ever increasing threat to hosta growing.

Moderators: redcrx, Chris_W

Digginit

more photos of Antioc

Post by Digginit »

I had a post on 7/11, and you couldn't make a full assessment with the size of the photo I posted, so I'm trying my hand at this picure taking again (please bear with me - I admit I have no electronic skills). My Antioc had two inner leaves that looked malformed and out of the ordinary (I believe they are old leaves). I am also showing a new inner leaf and the outer leaves, that look to me like they are OK. Do you think the plant is fine?
Attachments
Gardens 7-11-06 to 7-21-06 005.jpg
Gardens 7-11-06 to 7-21-06 005.jpg (57.2 KiB) Viewed 2269 times
Collecting coral bells and tiarella
Digginit

Post by Digginit »

new inner leaf
Attachments
Gardens 7-11-06 to 7-21-06 006.jpg
Gardens 7-11-06 to 7-21-06 006.jpg (45.75 KiB) Viewed 2267 times
Digginit

Post by Digginit »

outer leaf (ignore the white lines on the veins - this is on the photo, but not acutally on the plant.
Attachments
Gardens 7-11-06 to 7-21-06 007.jpg
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Hi,

That first picture bothers me a bit. There is some green blending into the white and some translucent patches blending into the green. When I see margins start to green up it worries me, although that in itself isn't always HVX, the virus can do this sometimes.

The virus doesn't show right away in the newest leaves, and leaves formed in hot weather often grow quick enough to mask the virus symptoms, so I would still keep a close watch on this plant and consider it suspect until all the leaves age a bit more.

Wish I could say for sure, but keep an eye on it for now. Hopefully we won't see anything odd like this next season.
Digginit

Post by Digginit »

Thanks for the help. I'll watch this one carefully.

DigginIt
New Topic Post Reply