Tiny blistering = HVX?

Discuss Hosta Virus X and share pictures and information on this ever increasing threat to hosta growing.

Moderators: redcrx, Chris_W

ademink

Tiny blistering = HVX?

Post by ademink »

I've noticed a couple of my Krossas and 2 S&S's w/ tiny blistering on a few veins. The Krossas are potted (newer divisions w/in last 3 months) and the S&S are new transplants in a fair amount of afternoon sun. It has been hotter than Hades here and definitely not a grand time to plant.

Is tiny blistering on veins w/ no color difference on S&S an HVX sign??? I *think* the Krossa might have some darker coloring on the veins but I might also be crazy. I noticed one of the leaves appears to be sporting (legitimately..not just delusional w/ HVX bleeding here LOL).

Thanks!
Andrea
Help! I'm being held hostage!

My Hosta List
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

I believe the S & S shows the blue-green bleeding when they are infected. They are usually easy to spot when they have HVX. Not sure if just some blistered appearance would be a sure fire sign with S&S. Chris will know for sure and I'm sure he'll pop on here when he gets the chance.
Not sure about the Krossas.
I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you and hope they aren't infected. :wink:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
ademink

Post by ademink »

Thanks Joan!!! They are segregated right now....clear across the yard. LOL
Help! I'm being held hostage!

My Hosta List
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Distance and proper cleaning of tools between use for each plant is our best friend as far as HVX goes. :wink:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
New Topic Post Reply