ebay again

Discuss Hosta Virus X and share pictures and information on this ever increasing threat to hosta growing.

Moderators: redcrx, Chris_W

Jamie

ebay again

Post by Jamie »

There's a BreakDance for sale on there right now. The sad part is the person even says it's virused in the auction description. :roll: :roll:

Copied from sellers description:

I planned to destroy the hosta but thought there may be someone out there interested in it. There are some people who collect these kinds of aberrations. It is about 3-4 small eyes. This hosta is infected with virus X and should NOT be situated near other hostas.
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Wheasie??? You should know better! Yes, some people have collected the virused plants over the past few years but I know quite a few that have stopped that practice, including one big nursery owner who had named a few infected plants, thought they were safe to keep, and after having them for a few years suddenly destroyed them all without any explaination... I think he found out how easy the virus really can spread.

It is extremely unethical to sell a diseased plant, not to mention illegal, even if it is ebay. Please pull the auction :???:

Chris
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

That was my first thought also Chris when I seen who it was :o

It's just not worth it anymore. I had close to $600.00 in NAMED infected plants and didn't think once about destroying them once this HVX was found to spread rapidly and got out of control in the market.. All of my plants that were infected weren't burnt in a burning barrel.. I'm to paranoid to just send off to the landfill here, cause what if a employee likes the looks of it and takes it home or the tractor that suppose to bury the garbage pushes it off to the side of the landfill and the hosta starts growing again..
SeaOctapus

Post by SeaOctapus »

I contacted them about the auction all they told me MYOB! How rude!!
Never have ice cream while reading a good book!
Jade Dragon Hostas
New Topic Post Reply