Has anyone made an HVX handout for nurseries?

Discuss Hosta Virus X and share pictures and information on this ever increasing threat to hosta growing.

Moderators: redcrx, Chris_W

Arlene

Has anyone made an HVX handout for nurseries?

Post by Arlene »

I'm giving a talk on HVX to my Master Gardener group next month. I was going to develop a 1-or 2 page handout that people could copy and give to nursery managers when they spot virused stock. I'm thinking maybe a page of information and website references (including of course, this forum) and maybe a page of photos.

Before I take the time to do that, I thought I'd ask if anyone else has already done it . . . or if not, would it be something you'd find useful?

Arlene
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Hi Arlene,
Was wondering how this was going for you? I'd be interested in something I can print out and pass around to others also. I think you should try to compile it all into 1 page though so it's not a distracting from it's size.
Pieter

Post by Pieter »

Jamie, Arlene posted the same message on the regular Hosta forum as well, the same day. http://www.perennialnursery.com/forums/ ... hp?t=43470 has several responses with links to posted material which people are encouraged to print and distribute as they feel compelled to do so.
Pieter

"Never trust anyone who doesn't have dog hair on their clothes."

Pieter's Hosta List
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Thanks Pieter.. The one problem I have with most of these links is there's to many photos on the pages to print.. I also don't like how they tell people to dispose of them and I'd highly recommend that the plants not be just thrown in the trash to be carted off to the landfills.. Maybe I'm a little paranoid but I can see someone at the landfill possibly liking the plant and bringing it right back into town here. Other then that the articles are great, but need a few less pictures to be printed out..

How I'd suggest to dispose of is to Burn the plant, or kill it completely before throwing in the trash by placing it in a gallon or 2 of straight bleach for a few days and then let dry in the direct sun for a few more days.
New Topic Post Reply