Words can help

Discuss Hosta Virus X and share pictures and information on this ever increasing threat to hosta growing.

Moderators: redcrx, Chris_W

thy
USDA Zone: 7

Words can help

Post by thy »

:D Went to our local Wallmarkt and looked for hostas, I couldn't find any at all..

:D :D :D It helped :D Last year I saw a lot of HVX infected hostas in the shop, called the responsible girl and told her what it was, how it spread and how to look for it and where ti find more info... they were gone all over the country in few days :D

Yesterday i drow there again.. and had to check.. exppecting to see them again, but to my joy there was not one hosta in pots only a very few bagged ones from an other compagny ( do not know them) so I was glad when I calledpeople to check their area shop.. nothing, nothing at all :D :D :D

Darn thing ... their cheaper smaller shop sold them today, only one left when a neighbour showed me hers.. with HVX...

Have to go tell them a lesson :wink:
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Good girl, Pia!! Way to go!!

I will be going back to my one nursery here, too......I think last year they did good....no virised one that I could tell....I am trying to let people know in the garden club I belong to also....One lady took Chris's CD to look at....

It's the best we can do.... :wink:
New Topic Post Reply