Last one for now, Stilleto ?

Discuss Hosta Virus X and share pictures and information on this ever increasing threat to hosta growing.

Moderators: redcrx, Chris_W

k9clipper

Last one for now, Stilleto ?

Post by k9clipper »

I read that this HVX is prevalent in the variety, this is a leaf off of my recently divided plant.

Thanks for all your help. This has been a wake up call for me, I have lost 3 plants already, but I'm pretty sure the rest are OK. :???:
Attachments
DSCN1895.JPG
DSCN1893.JPG
tsneal

Post by tsneal »

Mine looks the same and I've been wondering about HVX too??
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Post by caliloo »

Does Stiletto have that jagged an edge? I thought it was smoother.....

Now I have to go get a photo o mine. Maybe what *I* thought was Stiletto really isn't :oops: :roll:

Alexa
Spring - An experience in immortality.
- Henry D. Thoreau
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

Stiletto does have a variably rippled edge, Alexa. I know it's one that has been mentioned as having been on the list of hostas that have been known to have HVX in the past. Fortunately none of mine are afflicted. I can't tell anything from this pic though.
Attachments
Here's one of mine a few days ago. I'll have to see if I can get a leaf close-up today.
Here's one of mine a few days ago. I'll have to see if I can get a leaf close-up today.
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
addieotto
Location: Southern NJ Lat: 39° 47' 17.916" Lon: -74° 59' 13.56"

Post by addieotto »

Here is my HVX Stiletto from last spring... and surprise, surprise, same vendor as my 2007 HVX Baby Bunting... :evil: :evil:

You can see the blotchiness clearly. Blotchy raised sections were the giveaway. The plants showed up looking normal and within a couple of months were highly suspicious.
Attachments
stilletto1.JPG
stilletto1.JPG (40.48 KiB) Viewed 1562 times
SUE
My hosta blog: http://myhostagardens.com
New Topic Post Reply