whadya think is this hvx...?

Discuss Hosta Virus X and share pictures and information on this ever increasing threat to hosta growing.

Moderators: redcrx, Chris_W

chickweedo

whadya think is this hvx...?

Post by chickweedo »

new to the forum and would like a little feed back on if you think this is hvx on my "sum and substance". It is rubbing shoulders with a "Golden Tiara" that I have had for years. The golden Tiara has a couple of frigged up leaves. I don't see any colour bleeding or mottling on either but the affected leaves are rucked up a bit The newer leaves on "sum and substance" don't show anything at all - the more I read the more I get confused - any comments?(what looks like colour variations on the leaves is sunlight thru the leaves above - the middle pic is of the back of a leaf)

[/img]
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Hi,

sum and substance will have dark green splotches, mostly along the veins. Golden Tiara will have a dull appearance, like someone took sandpaper to it, and will have some darker and lighter mottling.

So no, this plant doesn't look like it has HVX.

Chris
chickweedo

Post by chickweedo »

Thanks! - whew -I feel so much better knowing that I can leave them be. I am paranoid ofter getting a "Gold Standard" last year that was really obviosly affected. this is a great forum and really helpful.
New Topic Post Reply