anyone as had a hosta gold drop infected ???

Discuss Hosta Virus X and share pictures and information on this ever increasing threat to hosta growing.

Moderators: redcrx, Chris_W

Canadian-hosta-girl

anyone as had a hosta gold drop infected ???

Post by Canadian-hosta-girl »

i checked and have not seen gold drop on the list of infected hosta , anyone knows if their are some out there ?

i have 3 at the bottom of my pergola they have been their for 3 years now and while dugging out a shrub near by i notice one of them had 3or 4 leaves with some darker green in them , i am not sure it is hvx so i have left it alone to see if it is just missing some nutriment but if it gets worse i am dugging it out .....we have had very stressfull weather here in quebec province Canada this spring and winter for peranials so , very late snow this winter and rain no snow early to over mid winter , rain rain rain , now very cold weather after 3 days of very high weather and humidity ....if i have nicer weather tomorow will try and get a close picture of them and post them.
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Can you post a pic of the leaf? If not...another option would be to send a leaf to Chris at Hallson's and he'll take a look at it for you and let you know what he thinks. Just drop him a PM and ask him about it and he'll give you instructions for sending it. :wink:
I hope it's not HVX!
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

It could possibly be darker green streaking but if is darker green splotches with a lot of them following right along the veins then it could be HVX.

The lists are getting obsolete any longer since HVX is now so pervasive in the market it could be on almost anything :???:

A picture would be really helpful.

Chris
New Topic Post Reply