Feeling stupid and relieved at the same time....

Discuss Hosta Virus X and share pictures and information on this ever increasing threat to hosta growing.

Moderators: redcrx, Chris_W

eastwood2007

Feeling stupid and relieved at the same time....

Post by eastwood2007 »

Not that that is a first for me... :oops:

I took a look at Gold Standard that I had thrown on the burn pile...to see if it was dead yet! I didn't see the HVX...??? :-? Then it dawned on me, and my lightning fast mind...uggh!

I had noticed spots on several other varieties and discovered it was just dirt that had splashed up on the back of the leaves, that when looking with light behind the leaves made it look like spots on the veins...

I guess I was so paranoid about GS that I wasn't thinking, but it seems it was just dirt splashed on the back of the leaves causing it to "look" spotted.

Poor little thing! It had been nearly destroyed between the freeze, the cutworms and the dogs, then its momma digs it up and throws it in the burn pile for no good reason! :o

I have had it since spring of 2005...wouldn't it be showing symptoms before now if it was infected when I got it? I rescued it from the burn pile and potted it up. Thought it would be easier to watch it for another year, than keep an eye on my beautiful S&S (closest to it) for another 7 years. Does that sound like a good plan?
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
impatience

Post by impatience »

Poor plant. :o :eek:

I think that GS is one that is quick to show signs of infection. At least when I see hostas at a nursery I will look at the GSs to see how the stock is doing-I haven't found a nursery yet this year that didn't have infected GSs.
Gardening is the slowest of the performing arts.
New Topic Post Reply