Look at my Punky

Discuss Hosta Virus X and share pictures and information on this ever increasing threat to hosta growing.

Moderators: redcrx, Chris_W

LucyGoose

Look at my Punky

Post by LucyGoose »

It has looked like this ever since I got it....and I think I got it at Kuk's.....still just one eye....not sure how long I have had it but for sure 2 years.....pretty sure it is HVX.

Thanks!!
Attachments
s 067.jpg
s 066.jpg
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Hi Kathleen,

I think Punky may just be another one of those plants that can get some odd looks with a little bit of insect or other damage. I was looking at mine today and noticed that their color change wasn't the most attractive this time of year. If you can get a zoomed in picture of that one odd looking leaf I will be able to tell better, but I would be leaning towards not infected right now.

Chris
ademink

Post by ademink »

I agree w/ Chris. My Punky looks like this too, this time of year. It is an odd colored hosta sometimes that does weird stuff...like Paul's Glory! :D
Help! I'm being held hostage!

My Hosta List
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Seems like there are several hostas out there that get that strange (and worrisome) color change during the season. I think Chris is right , LG, so try not to worry too much right now. Just watch it and see what happens. I bet it'll look fine next season until it's time for the color changes to happen again. :wink: I'll keep my fingers crossed just in case. I do remember you buying that one and I think it might have been three years ago. :)
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Thanks!! :-)

I will try to get a picture soon, Chris.....I just thought that it was kinda like a June or was said to be....I could be wrong, but after 3 years, you would think that it would be more than one eye, and it's ugly to me this way...:lol: Thanks Joan, as I do think your right....3 years....Well, it's the name I wanted. :lol:
New Topic Post Reply