two New Heuchera

Discuss and share pictures of plants in the genus Heuchera and the hybrid genus Heucherella, commonly known as coral bells and foamy bells.
rosemarie

two New Heuchera

Post by rosemarie »

I recieved two new Heuchera today from the Big Dipper Farm. Lime Rickey and Marmalade. Beautliful good sized plants in fine shape. It is my first time ordering from them, but it won't be my last. The BDF is in Washington and I am so happy I found it. Karma, have you tried them? :)
Lovin' the great northwest!
SusanM

Post by SusanM »

I got Lime Rickey in the Spring and planted it besides heuchera 'Amber Waves' and loved it all summer. Still looks great. I think you'll be happy.

Susan
SusanM
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

Great choices Rosemarie! :cool: I don't have either one but I know they are beauties.
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

I got both of them at the Nat. Hosta Convention this year at one of the tour gardens that sells at the Farmer's Market. They're both still in pots, but doing very well!! :P Marmalade looks a lot different to me than Amber Waves, too.

Wouldn't it be :cool: to have the coloring of Lime Rickey with some of the dark veining?? :P
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

I have Marmalade and can vouch for it, it is WONDERFUL! And that's coming from someone who really doesn't like Amber Waves very much. I've seen Lime Ricky and it is truly bright, but my local nursery is charging a fortune for it.

I live about 30 minutes away from Big Dipper Nursery, but I've never been there. I've heard nothing but good about it, so I think I must get my hind end into my car and go for a visit!!!

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
Maureen_Ottawa

Post by Maureen_Ottawa »

Lime Rickey is great and still a wonderful bright spot late in the season. I am regretting not picking up Marmalade at the same time. But I was unfortunately successful in resisting my urge. I will be looking for it next year.
Last edited by Maureen_Ottawa on Sep 15, 2004 9:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Maureen
Ottawa, Ontario
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

I am now the proud owner of 'Lime Rickey'. :D :cool: I picked one up at the Garden Workshop LucyGoose and I went to. I passed on 'Marmalade' because I have so many things to plant yet. :o I just may go back and get one.
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
rosemarie

Post by rosemarie »

I got my order from Chis yesterday. My bonus was Heuchera Hollywood! How did you know, Chris? This is one I didn't have and I wanted. I also ordered Peppermint Spice and Rave on and Birthday Cake. The other plants I got were Pulmonaria Raspberry Ice, Hosta Cliffords Forest Fire,Hosta Sunshine Glory , Hosta Holy Mole and Tiarella Dark Star.I got them all in pots, because I have to clean in my trees before I decide where I want them. But I am so jazzed to get started, last year I was so busy with Lew that I did almost nothing in the trees. But Lew is able to help me now and did all the mowing in the yard yesterday. NOw if we don't get alot of rain, I will be ouside and there will be pictures. And I am so glad we now have a Heuchera Forum. Thanks, Chris for everything. :P
Lovin' the great northwest!
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

I also got a Lime Ricky and a Caramel a few weeks ago. I cannot wait to see them get a bit bigger. The lime ricky I got is really little, but I love the color. They were pot grown and I got them in 5" pots. I just put them in the ground this last weekend.

Ginger
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

Heuchera Caramel is a new one for me - sounds like I need it though. :wink: Cuz..cuz...cuz.....caramel is in the expresso drink I make & I'm positive that it will look great next to my Heuchera Expresso. :wink:
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

If Chris does not have it I got mine at whiteflowerfarm.com
They are expensive but my DD got me a gift certificate from them for XMAS. It is really pretty in the pic's, I will have to see what it looks like when it grows up.
Ginger
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Chris doesn't have it listed, but they are sprouting and looking good so far. Still debating adding them, but we'll definitely have them here for the summer and by mail this fall.

Is that yet another good reason to visit, Renaldo? ;)
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

Sure is!! :P
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
New Topic Post Reply