New heuchera, I could not resist

Discuss and share pictures of plants in the genus Heuchera and the hybrid genus Heucherella, commonly known as coral bells and foamy bells.
Justaysam

New heuchera, I could not resist

Post by Justaysam »

No new hosta tempting me this year, but I can not resist the new heuchera. So please don't tell me of any more, LOL.
The bed faces East, and the stuff in the back, Hosta and Heuchera, are in shade from about 12pm on.
Attachments
Key Lime Pie, Black Beauty, Peach Melba, and Creme Brulee, and that Day Glow from the other post, tiny, but not bad for $5. The big Lime Ricky is from last year.
Key Lime Pie, Black Beauty, Peach Melba, and Creme Brulee, and that Day Glow from the other post, tiny, but not bad for $5. The big Lime Ricky is from last year.
They are in the back of a new small herb bed off my back door. It started out to hide the Elec. thing and the exh. pipe.
They are in the back of a new small herb bed off my back door. It started out to hide the Elec. thing and the exh. pipe.
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

Now did you have to go and post a pic of all those heucheras that I don't have? :roll: :lol:

They are very pretty Linda! :cool: The only one I have is Lime Rickey.
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
Justaysam

Post by Justaysam »

I'm sorry Pat, I know what you mean. I may just have to limit my time online so I still have money to pay my bills. I just can't help myself.
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

:lol: There is no cure!
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

Nope - no hope - none at all once you get to Heucheras & their ilk!! It's as bad as hostas - there just aren't as many of them......yet. :wink: [So with them you actually have a chance to have them all.] :lol: :lol: :lol:
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
Doris_J

Post by Doris_J »

I love Lime Rickey and Black Beauty (both acquired last year). Those are some nice selections you have! Keep us posted.
PeggyB

Post by PeggyB »

Sweet, Linda! Since I have no room for Hostas I've started adding more Heuchs/ella's the past couple of years. I haven't seen Creme Brulee, yet!
Two that I bought last year are no shows, Monet and Frosty. :cry:

What's the taller, chartreusey colored plant in the left rear of the second pic?
Justaysam

Post by Justaysam »

Peggy, I kill every one of the green/white heuchs I plant, have had Monet, and Hernswood Mist, and both died. The lime colored thing is an azalea. Not sure if it is suppose to look like that or not. I bought it as end of season bargian plant last fall, and it had burgundy tinged leaves. It started that bright, light green stuff this spring. Hope it's not sick, I did get 2 whole flowers on it, LOL. Maybe I better feed it.
mooie

Post by mooie »

Just,

That's the new growth showing on the azalea...not normally that light of a green. You could need some acidic fertilizer in your waterings. Most azaleas will turn that burgandy color in the fall. It's their 'winter outfit'! :D

mooie
~Imagine~
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

OH I love all the different ones you have!!
The look so pretty all together like you have them.
I have seen some of them around and have been trying to stay away from more plants, now you go and post that picture :o
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
Homer_Zn5

Post by Homer_Zn5 »

I wouldn't worry about the color on the azalea. I have some Rhody's that leaf out that bright, and they have grown and flowered very well the past 5 years.
"Purveyor of Trivialities and Fine Nonsense."

Homer's Hosta List
New Topic Post Reply