A new Heuchera for me.... Regina

Discuss and share pictures of plants in the genus Heuchera and the hybrid genus Heucherella, commonly known as coral bells and foamy bells.
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

A new Heuchera for me.... Regina

Post by caliloo »

Now sure if this is a really popular one or not, but it caught my eye at the nursery yesterday...

I am really looking forward to seeing the pink blooms on this one next spring!

Alexa
gardenkat

Post by gardenkat »

Very prettyfoliage! Uh-oh, another one I'll have to add to my garden... :roll:
When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.
--John Muir
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Last year I bought a tray of Petite Marbled Burgundy from Shady Oaks and noticed one plant that was different. Even in the tray I could tell it was bigger.

This year that one oddball has 3 foot flower stalks and is an absolutely huge clump - easily the largest Heuchera I've ever grown, and certainly the largest 2nd year plant I've ever had :wow:

I think that it is Regina. Maybe we can compare them next year.
janet

Post by janet »

I got 'Regina' about three weeks ago in a one gallon pot. It is huge...filled the pot to overflowing (20" diameter). You're right about the flower stalks, Chris. I just measured mine and they are easily three feet tall. You'll love the color, Alexa. They start out very dark pink and fade to bubble gum color as they age. It looks really neat with several shades of pink all at the same time. It's been blooming here since I got it.

I also got 'Rachel' at the same time and that is, far and away, the largest heuchera I have ever seen. It is very full, 26" wide, 18" tall, with 36" flower stalks (though all the stuff on the web says it is much smaller). It was just starting to flower three weeks ago and is still sending up new stalks!

They will both hold their own beside some of my larger hosta. :lol:
jd in nh
janet's list
It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others. --John Andrew Holmes
Dee
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Dee »

Ohhh I have a couple of Regina's out by my oak tree (which rarely gets watered). They do pretty well...I get lots of comments on *those purple things* from folks walking/biking down the road. :lol: I think you'll be very happy with your new addition! :)
goldenmom

Post by goldenmom »

Alexa, that Regina is beautiful. Sounds like it's a winner!

Janet, you need to post pics of yours blooming :D
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Post by caliloo »

Thanks for the info everyone! Now I have to find the perfect spot in the garden for it. It sounds like it is going to be a bit larger than I expected.

Thanks again everyone!

Alexa
New Topic Post Reply