Stupid heuchera eating deer...

Discuss and share pictures of plants in the genus Heuchera and the hybrid genus Heucherella, commonly known as coral bells and foamy bells.
Garden_of_Mu
USDA Zone: 7

Stupid heuchera eating deer...

Post by Garden_of_Mu »

Argh! :evil: My big gorgeous Marmalade is down to a couple of scraggly leaves because those giant eating machines keep coming by everyday for a munch. And worst is they keep pulling the poor thing out of the ground leaving its roots to dry out until I come home and find it. Poor baby. The city deer were always polite and just wandered trhu the garden, rarely if ever taking a bite of something, but these country deer seem to be insatiable. No manners i tell ya. Oh well, off to the store today to see what deterrents they might have. Thanks for listening to me vent. :???:
~ Mike

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t
matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Theodore Geisel, aka Dr.
Seuss
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

It's just the heuchera that your impolite country deer are munching on, Mike?? :-?
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Mike, if your out in the country, you could...eeeer....take a wiz around the plants. That's supposed to be a good deer deterrent. Drink LOTS of beer! Also try dumping the cat's litter box around them.
Deb118

Post by Deb118 »

If your far enough out in the country.... fire up the grill :D
"Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly." -Langston Hughes
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
Doris_J

Post by Doris_J »

We could send Ted Nugent out to Mike's property.
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

Mike - Do you know of Marianne Binetti, the local garden writer? She tells a story of inviting her son's entire high school basketball team over for pizza, making them all drink tons and tons of soda and Gatorade, and then turning them all loose out in the garden LOL! She said it worked well for a couple of weeks.

If not, you know that Marmalade did really well at my house, and it would be more than hapy to live here again :wink:

And by the way... I think I found your Amber Waves Heuchera hiding back in my veggie garden, though it's pretty tiny. You can pick it up on Saturday.

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
New Topic Post Reply