id ???

Discuss and share pictures of plants in the genus Heuchera and the hybrid genus Heucherella, commonly known as coral bells and foamy bells.
Dee_dla
USDA Zone: 4b

id ???

Post by Dee_dla »

Anyone know the name of this heuchera?

Sis-in-law shared a piece with me late last summer but didn't know the name. Soon I will have most of her Waterloo garden here in NW Iowa too. :oops: :lol: We try to go garden shopping on the same day, then call each other while out and about to compare. She is coming this weekend to pick up her new babies that I've gotten for her and likewise. :D :D :D
Dee
Dee's Hosta List

"The poetry of the earth is never dead." ~John Keats
Dee_dla

Post by Dee_dla »

I really didn't mean to scare ya'll from this forum. :eek: Just to make amends, I am gonna go out and take a pic of two new ones I DO know the name of. :lol:
Dee
Dee's Hosta List

Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Hi Dee,

I just noticed your post ;)

It might be Heuchera americana 'Dale's Strain'. It doesn't have enough darkly colored veins to be Ring of Fire or Green Spice, I don't think...
Dee_dla

Post by Dee_dla »

Hi Chris!

Thanks for the id...I was beginning to get a little paranoid. :lol:

As promised...two I DO know. Here's a pic of my new 'Creme Brulee' on the left and 'Mocha Mint' on the right....just planted. :D
Attachments
I really love these two!
I really love these two!
Dee
Dee's Hosta List

Pandora
USDA Zone: z5 OH

Post by Pandora »

Hi Dee,
You didn't really scare me, I just have not studied Heurcheras enough to tell a lot of them apart. I am gathering some now, so I might get better at IDing them.

Thanks for the pictures. We always like to look.
tsneal

Post by tsneal »

I sure don't know enough either. I really like Dale's Strain. Just bought Mocha Mint...don't even have it planted yet.

Stephanie
Dee_dla

Post by Dee_dla »

I am really starting to like them alot. Since I have been looking, there are many I would love to add to my new beds. I have a 'peach melba' in another bed that was just planted out not long ago but it sure looks stressed. Hope it comes out of it. :cry:
Dee
Dee's Hosta List

shadylanejewel
USDA Zone: 8a

Post by shadylanejewel »

Does not look like Green Spice.

Are you sure it's a named variety? I have many old heucheras which have leaves very similar to yours. Flower color on mine vary from pale pink to dark dark pink.
Julie

"To Plant a Seed is a Noble Deed - Propagation is Conservation" Norman C. Deno, Professor Emeritus of Chemistry
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Hi Dee!!

Sorry, I missed your post, too....I sure don't want you to think we didn't care.....

Hey, if you really liking them, you should try growing from seed......I have my prettiest heuch's from seedlings I have done......I like the dark red or purple ones, and man, those do great out in the hosta beds.....There is a thread somewhere farther down that grannynanny posted on how to do them.........:-)

I lost my Cream Bruelee... :-(

Have fun, and I do not know what your's is......
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

I just saw this post too. Of course, I can never ID anything anyway so I'm not much help. :lol:
I just got Green Spice, and although it looks similar, I agree with Chris that it's not Green Spice.
And btw...Creme Brulee is one of the four I just bought last week! Such a pretty heuchera. I hope it does well for me. :) I'm really liking this plant too. :wink:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
New Topic Post Reply