heuchera sources

Discuss and share pictures of plants in the genus Heuchera and the hybrid genus Heucherella, commonly known as coral bells and foamy bells.
bengal

heuchera sources

Post by bengal »

OK, now that I've fessed up that I really like these plants....where to buy them? What sources do you recommend? I'll be checking out RareFind within the next few weeks, but I'd also like to put together a source list. Thanks!

And renaldo, I totally agree: I "need" some really dark ones!
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

I'm glad you agree. :P

Good luck with your source list. Every nursery/garden center/greenhouse I've been to this spring has 'some'. Some have a few - some have a lot. And some of the newer ones like Caramel seem to be everywhere this sping.

Have you looked at the ones Hallson's has? Chris & Brian usually have some nice ones available. And theirs are very, very nice plants!! :P
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
bengal

Post by bengal »

Have you looked at the ones Hallson's has?

No. :oops: But I will! :D
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

I just viewed Hallson's list of Heucheras the other day and they do have several interesting ones. I'm thinking of picking some up if I get up there for the August get together. :)
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
John

Post by John »

'Obsidian' is the darkest one I have, very near black, and also shiny! [wonder if it need dividing yet... ;-) ]
Aud
USDA Zone: zone 6

Post by Aud »

I ordered some from Hallson and Moonshine Designs Nursery. I got good size from both but Hallson were the biggest. No surprise there. :D
New Topic Post Reply