Stoplight/Obsidian

Discuss and share pictures of plants in the genus Heuchera and the hybrid genus Heucherella, commonly known as coral bells and foamy bells.
Tigger
USDA Zone: 6b - 7a

Stoplight/Obsidian

Post by Tigger »

This has turned into a brilliant combination in our wedge bed between the driveway, the patio walk, and the cellar door. They lysimachia really took off this year. In the hosta forum, I'll post the Great Expectations at the other side of the bed. (That's Praying Hands snuck in this picture, and Hart's Tongue here as well at 10:00. I rescued the hosta Tortifrons showing here at 3:00)
Attachments
heuch_lysm-aurea.jpg
chickweedo

Post by chickweedo »

oooh - nice colours! looks really nice together
Denise_in_MI

Post by Denise_in_MI »

Wowza, I love that color combination!
pauhaus
USDA Zone: 5b

Post by pauhaus »

Wow, looks fantastic David. :P
Paul
My Hosta List

“With fronds like you, who needs anemones.”
SUEDIA

Post by SUEDIA »

Mine from last year did not come back so I have purchased another one as I just love the color. Any sugestions on the best light to plant it in. Just love your color combanations also. Gives me a few ideas for mine.
Thanks for sharing.
Sue
Tigger
USDA Zone: 6b - 7a

Post by Tigger »

This spot by the driveway may have the proverbial "moist, well-drained" soil. (although when our friend dug the post holes for the rose arbor here, he hit ground water about 14" down!) It gets a few hours of mid-day sun. It surely gets reflected heat from the driveway, but I'm not sure how that plays into it.
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

Gorgeous color combination, Tigger!! :P I just moved my Obsidian to the new garden I planted. It's near Maui Buttercups & King Tut with gold lysimachia underneath. So I'm headed the same direction. :wink: Just need to let them all do some growing now. :P Stoplight is sure a nice one - someday...
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

That really looks good

Post by oldcoot »

OC is developing a new appreciation for them....Pretty
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
New Topic Post Reply