OC's Find

Discuss and share pictures of plants in the genus Heuchera and the hybrid genus Heucherella, commonly known as coral bells and foamy bells.
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

OC's Find

Post by oldcoot »

Sure pays to clean up your beds. After cleaning out my tulip bed of dead leaves and chickweed which Is EVERYWHERE this year, look what I found burried. Even still had the tags with them. Guess the Squirrels missed these tags, too many weeds to bother with. Clean bed now though.

Does anyone have a picture of either to make sure the Old Coot puts the right tag on the right Hooch

Crimson Curls

Stormy Seas

OC saying: "Thanks for your help". Will try to take better care of em now......
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
Aud
USDA Zone: zone 6

Post by Aud »

I do not have those two but this is the site I check.

http://www.lucsperennialworld.com/heuchera/index.html
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

What a bonus for you OC!! Never know what you will find in the garden, huh!!

Claudia
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
Doris_J

Post by Doris_J »

Two beautiful Heucheras, OC. Here's Stormy Seas from this website:

http://www.perennialnursery.com/Resourc ... myseas.jpg

Crimson Curls is described as having 'distinctively curly' foliage on one website, so it should stand out more from the others, I would think.

http://live.psu.edu/still_life/2004_08_ ... wers13.jpg
Brenda

Post by Brenda »

I wish I could find the tags to a couple of mine, namely all the orange ones! Darn squirrels, I cant even find a piece of the tags anywhere. Try differing between marmelade, amber waves, peach flambe, peachy keen (I think I have narrowed down a couple of them). Then there is a couple of purple ones that the little tree rat took off with the tags for as well. Somewhere there is one colorfully decorated squirrel nest!
party_music50
USDA Zone: z5

Post by party_music50 »

I don't have Crimson Curls, but do have two Stormy Seas...

Here's one of my Stormy Seas (taken last evening). The color won't deepen on mine for awhile yet...

And here's my other one
~~~ Audrey ~~~
“If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good”
Dr. Seuss :)
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Post by caliloo »

Hope you get them sorted ot OC!

I *had* Stormy Seas... but it either disappeared or I moved it somewhere and ahve forgotten where :roll:

Alexa
Spring - An experience in immortality.
- Henry D. Thoreau
oldcoot

Thanks everybody !!

Post by oldcoot »

With these delightful pictures, OC should be able to ID it. When my Camera comes back and they have had a little time to get used to the new bed they are in, I'll try to do a Macro and see how close we came..Thank you so much for your help A most appreciative OC
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
baja220
USDA Zone: 6

Post by baja220 »

OC, here's a couple pics of my Crimson Curls I took Thursday for you. I don't have Stormy Seas.

Debbie

oldcoot

Thanks Debbie

Post by oldcoot »

They sure are pretty. Now that I know OC CAN grow them he just may have to get some more next spring from Chris

Talked to Cannon today, they have my Camera and have checked it out. Nothing major and will be totally covered by Ins. Bless my dear sweet wife's heart for taking it out when she got me the Camera. Now that they have the go ahead, they said I should have it back in two to three weeks, so by the time we get back from vacation, I should be back in the Photography business....OC with a HUGE smile on his face today.....
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

Great news, OC!! :P We definitely want to keep you in the photography business.
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
New Topic Post Reply