Opinions please

Discuss and share pictures of plants in the genus Heuchera and the hybrid genus Heucherella, commonly known as coral bells and foamy bells.
Brenda

Opinions please

Post by Brenda »

So the weather finally co-operated and I was able to get some of the plants into the new third tier under the birch tree. It is almost done but it needs something and I am not sure what. It is this area right at the front where I planted Midnight Rose in between 2 stiletto hostas. I am not sure what to put behind it. It needs to be something fairly low so as not to block the plants behind. Thought maybe some japanese painted ferns for different foliage but couldnt find any nice ones. I wanted some different foliage but cant decide what, guess I could always add some more heuchera :lol: . Any suggestions...
Attachments
left side
left side
right side
right side
front view
front view
heucher2.jpg (46.4 KiB) Viewed 2110 times
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Post by caliloo »

I don't know, I think as the plants mature and fill in having mroe sutff in there might make it look too crowded. If I was going to add anything it would be a creeping sedum or something like that as a low grounds cover.

Alexa
Spring - An experience in immortality.
- Henry D. Thoreau
Maureen_Ottawa

Post by Maureen_Ottawa »

I can't honestly see where you are going to put anything else. It looks great.

But then, I ran out of space years ago and am still cramming plants into whatever space I can find.
Maureen
Ottawa, Ontario
Brenda

Post by Brenda »

Thanks,

As you can tell, I like my gardens full, if I see dirt them I can still fit in more :lol: . The area where lime rickey is planted is about 3 years old and behind that it is about 5 years old. My mother suggested this year to add a third tier (I had debated it already). It was mainly this area here that I wanted to add something behind (kind of in between in a triangle shape) the heuchera and hosta just to add a different leaf in there. I just do not know what I want to add.

Brenda
Attachments
thisarea.jpg
Maureen_Ottawa

Post by Maureen_Ottawa »

Looking at it again, I can see myself itching to fill that space too.

Carex Beatlemania might fit that spot nicely. Or how about Sedum Angelina. Or Geranium Purple Pillow. Or Heucherella Stoplight. Or Ajuga Burgundy Glow. Or Epimedium Shrimp Girl. Or Tiarella Neon Lights.

I can also see one of the peachy heucheras in that spot too -- Peach Flambé, Peach Melba...
Maureen
Ottawa, Ontario
New Topic Post Reply