where do you buy your heuchera's online

Discuss and share pictures of plants in the genus Heuchera and the hybrid genus Heucherella, commonly known as coral bells and foamy bells.
ladybug

where do you buy your heuchera's online

Post by ladybug »

i mean the ones that chris does not sell. i would like to find a good reiable source for the ones that i can't get from chris. any info would be appreciated. stop, no don't tell. yes tell me, no, stop don't tell me. i always win mind over matter discussions with myself. yes, yes, tell me please. another obession begins.
ladybug
life is too short to be unhappy

i went to see michael buble in concert in charlotte nc on march 18 and it was fabulous!!
baja220
USDA Zone: 6

Post by baja220 »

Mason Hollow sells really nice Heuchera. I got a few from there last year.
ladybug

Post by ladybug »

thanks, i checked it out and they do have a nice selection and good prices too.
ladybug

i went to see michael buble in concert in charlotte nc on march 18 and it was fabulous!!
flowerchild59

Post by flowerchild59 »

I hope someone has some imput about this. I ordered about a dozen plants from eminence (sp) meadows nursery and the plants were in 31/2 pots, and they were very small plugs. Now I must add that the nursery was much further north than me so my heuchs were more established than the tiny pots that arrived. They are still potted up in bigger containers waiting for enough growth to move to their final places. I don't think I would order from them again at 10 to 12.00 a pop with shipping on top of that.
I was happier with some ebay heucheras I received that were more reasonable in price for the size i received. I am willing to grow them on somewhat for a smaller start up cost.
(See what happens when you get previous stuff from hallson's. You find out that size really does matter :lol: .
On the keyboard of life always keep one finger on the escape key.
Cheryl
My Hosta List
ladybug

Post by ladybug »

i received my heucheras that i ordered from eminence (sp) meadows nursery today. i am pleased with what i received. they are in small pots, but good looking. i am sure once they are in the ground that they will shoot up and grow great. i wish that i could have gotten them from chris, but he doesn't sell a large variety of heucheras. he sent me the hosta cherish as my freebie. i am glad i got a mini, as i have very little space for any hostas. here is what i ordered and what i received as well. he did let me know that he would not send a couple i had ordered as they were product he would not be happy to send out because of their size.

Amethyst mist
Black beauty
Frosted violet
Georgia peach
Ginger ale
Magic color
Mocha
Peach flambe (didn't send, said it was too small)
Petite ruby falls
Purple petticoats (didn't send, said it was too small)
Ruby veil
pistache (didn't send me, said it was too small)
i had a couple of other suggestions of places to order as well. i would probably try one of them the next time i want to order, as they are cheaper. one of them was big dipper farm.
ladybug

ladybug

Post by ladybug »

i just placed two more orders with two different vendors. i will let you know the quality when i get them. this is what i ordered from mason hollow
earth angel
sashay
snow angel
pistache
blackout
mason hollow emailed me today(6/18) and said they shipped yesterday and i should get tomorrow. now that is how to take and ship an order, within a reasonable time frame.

i canceled my order with big dipper farms.(6/18) took way too long to get the order. three weeks is unacceptable to me.

hopefully i will be as pleased as i am with receiving chris's plants. i wish he would branch out and grow more types of heucheras. hint....hint....
ladybug
Last edited by ladybug on Jun 18, 2008 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Hi Ladybug,

We used to grow some great heucheras at the old place, but most simply won't grow here due to heavier soil, high pH, and some plants might be susceptible to the walnut trees, even though others aren't fazed a bit... Hostas love it here, but not the heucheras. However I figure that if the varieties we do offer grow like gangbusters here then they will grow just about anywhere, so I am trying to stick with those and don't have much plans to branch out into the newer ones.

Sorry ;)

Chris
flowerchild59

Post by flowerchild59 »

Chris, can you elaborate a little on walnut trees and heucheras. The bed I am lining with heucheras has walnuts all over it with a pine tree or two for good measure.
Do they just not thrive because of the juglulone (sP) from the walnut roots???
On the keyboard of life always keep one finger on the escape key.
Cheryl
My Hosta List
notmartha
USDA Zone: 6a

Post by notmartha »

mine are under walnuts and pines-i have some that are great and some that have died. Is there a list somewhere of the ones that will survive?
New Topic Post Reply