Silver Scrolls Question

Discuss and share pictures of plants in the genus Heuchera and the hybrid genus Heucherella, commonly known as coral bells and foamy bells.
AnnaSt

Silver Scrolls Question

Post by AnnaSt »

Hi,

I hope I am not repeating a previous question - I have tried searching the forum.

I have a heuchera silver scrolls which i bought last year. it is growing well, but unfortunately it has turned very green rather than the red and silver it is meant to be. Does anyone know what would have caused this? Is it just what it should be like at this time of year? Or is it likely to be suffering from too much/little sun, nutrients etc?

Any help gratefully recieved!

Thanks,
Anna
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Re: Silver Scrolls Question

Post by Chris_W »

It might be the time of year, yet then again, sometimes the pictures used to advertise these plants are not truly what they look like.

Sun exposure can also make a big difference with them - the more shade the less vigorous they tend to be, plus the colors won't be as dark.

If it is growing well I wouldn't bother it right now, and just wait to see what it does.

Good luck!

Chris
AnnaSt

Post by AnnaSt »

Thanks for the response chris,

I agree about the advertising, but this one was definately the right colour for most of last year!

It seems happy enough other than the whole colour thing, it's just a bit disheartening that the new leaves seem to be coming through the right colour, then suddenly going green!

Oh well!

Thanks,
Anna
R. Rock
USDA Zone: 3-4

Post by R. Rock »

Hi, Silver scrolls is one of the favorites here for durability. Maybe you have a "sport".
Be part of the solution
New Topic Post Reply