Mystery Heuchera

Discuss and share pictures of plants in the genus Heuchera and the hybrid genus Heucherella, commonly known as coral bells and foamy bells.
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Mystery Heuchera

Post by caliloo »

I got this one from one of the box stores today - it was in with the $1.99 Palace Purple and obviously isn't. Any guess who it might be? Is it a random seedling that ended up in a pot? Anyway, I like it and it will get a good home, but I love to try to find out names when I can.....

The new growth is green with silver between the veins and the older growth is purple with the silver - hence the two-tone look. Hopefully, the thumbnails are clicable, if they aren't let me know and I will resize them smaller and post regular photos.

THanks in advance for any guesses!

Alexa
Spring - An experience in immortality.
- Henry D. Thoreau
govgirl75
USDA Zone: 5

Re: Mystery Heuchera

Post by govgirl75 »

Is it Purple Petticoat?
Glo
caliloo

Post by caliloo »

I don't think so. I have Purple Petticoat and it is more deeply lobed and seems to have purple new growth. I am almost convinced it is a seedling that found its way into the mix.

Alexa
- Henry D. Thoreau
lazygardner

Post by lazygardner »

Now you did it!! I was searching photos for possible matches to your unknown heuchera and found a picture of green spice, which now I MUST have! I did think that maybe you have Geisha's Fan or Silver Scroll or Silver Veil, but none of the pictures looked like a perfect match. Sorry :???:
Before criticizing someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you will be a mile away and have their shoes!
AnnaSt

Post by AnnaSt »

Is it perhaps a 'Dales Strain'?
eyesoftexas
USDA Zone: 76233

Post by eyesoftexas »

Okay Gloria and Alex...."eyes" don't know, but would you care to share a cutting with a bud...I need these for DIL...of course I'll send postage or a Texas native.
"eyes"

The Dream Lives On....Image
steg
USDA Zone: 5

Post by steg »

Not sure as we only have couple coral bells around. I did notice it looked a little like our Harvest Silver Huechera (Balheusil Huechera) same plant I think. The young leaves look very green, however the ones that have been up awhile are now closer to purple.

Just a thought. Good luck..........
To the world you may be one, but to one you may be the world.

My List: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=48366&p=425413#p425413
caliloo

Post by caliloo »

SOLVED! I was at the same big box store and found a small group of the same plant. It is heuchera "CAN CAN"!
:D
http://www.terranovanurseries.com/whole ... heucc.html

THanks for all the suggestions though :D

Alexa
- Henry D. Thoreau
caliloo

Post by caliloo »

Hey Eyes!

I didn't mean to ignore your request, but in my experience heuchera doesn't ship well for me. I've tried to include it in a couple of secret swap packages in the past with limited success. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Alexa
- Henry D. Thoreau
New Topic Post Reply