New to Heucheras

Discuss and share pictures of plants in the genus Heuchera and the hybrid genus Heucherella, commonly known as coral bells and foamy bells.
scotkat

New to Heucheras

Post by scotkat »

Just saying hello to everyone .

I only have a small collection of 15 started off last year with Marmalade and its stunning so amazing how the colours have changed so much.
scotkat

Re: New to Heucheras

Post by scotkat »

Marmalade I have taken photos of i tthrough the season if you wish me to post all the photos so you can see how the colours have changed I shall.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

Sure, please do :D
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
ThisIsMelissa
USDA Zone: 4a

Post by ThisIsMelissa »

I find this obsession almost as bad as hostas... worse in some regard!

Yesterday, I finished a garden devoted to heuchera, heucherella and tiarella. I thought I was going to have a little room for additions later on, but alas, I think this one will have to be called "done" after I pick up the last of its additions tomorrow.
The garden is about 100 square feet (roughly 10x10, but rounded) and I counted around 50 plants in there, maybe 5 duplicates. So, about 45 varieties, in total.

In grouping them like this, my biggest quandary is in what kind of mulch to use.... the dark stuff causes the purples to look less amazing. The natural colors, like cypress that I use everywhere else, causes the oranges to blend in. It's almost like I need a white mulch!
Melissa's Hosta Lists
My gardening blog

PS: Hubby and I are hoping to ADOPT & we need your help.
If you hear of someone considering placing a baby for adoption, please refer them to us: Our Adoption Blog
viktoria

Post by viktoria »

Crushed marble, Melissa, and heuchs would appreciate the sharp drainage.

Viktoria
Many a great tune has been played on an older fiddle.
Aud
USDA Zone: zone 6

Post by Aud »

Crushed marble, would be beautiful. I used that for my sedum garden my problem was it only looked good for two months. Then the pine needles fell then came the fall leaves and I could not get it too look as pretty as when I first applied.

I think I will purchase the large white rocks and add a small amount of crushed marble between the larger stones. :hmm: The white will really set them off and make them pop.
New Topic Post Reply