Help ID'ing

Discuss ornamental grasses and bamboo.

Moderator: Chris_W

LucyGoose

Help ID'ing

Post by LucyGoose »

I need help ID'ing this grass......Every year, I admire this one that the police station has.....I love the way it looks. The plums just are goreous in the wind, and the grass part changes to that red'ish color in the fall.....

I hope someone knows for sure what it is. I have asked the people that work in the police station, and they don't know...

Thanks!!!
Attachments
s 157.jpg
s 156.jpg
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Durn, no one knows what it is, I take it.....I pass by it everyday.....I will be at a chili cook-off this Saturday at one of our police's farm......Lot of the dispatchers and such will be there....I asked last year if I could have a piece of it.....now this year, I am going to be real serous about getting some.....they have a few clumps of it, and I just don't want to get arrested trying to get some.....:lol: Not that I would really steal some....but it's so darn pretty..... :D
mooie

Post by mooie »

Miscanthus purpurascens? Looks like the reddish color they get and the size is right....

mooie
~Imagine~
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Hi, LG. I think mooie is right on that one. I have a clump of it, but mine has taken forever to decide to grow. This year it's finally starting to get a little bigger, and has the fall color. I love it too! So, did you get permission to get a start of it in the spring?
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
New Topic Post Reply