R & R on a Sunday Afternoon

Use this area to talk about your pets!

Moderator: Chris_W

Lionitus

R & R on a Sunday Afternoon

Post by Lionitus »

Really is the 18 year-old calico. It is a big day for her when/if she emerges from her bed and comes all the way out to the kitchen for a snack. Lately, I've been taking her food to her because it's getting harder for her to move a lot. This is her waiting for her Mom to dish out her snack. "Hurry up, will you? My bed is getting cold!"

Then there's Nick on the back deck. It was 68 degrees and the sun was out. "Sun screen? I don't need no stinking sunscreen" I love his curly, soft belly.

And finally, Poody. Nick is beautiful for his simplicity, a pure bright white fur that is so long and soft. In contrast, Poody is beautiful for the complexity of his coat. It is very thick and soft. It is gray and black at the ends but when you rub his fur backwards you see the deep golden brown underneath. His belly is a light gold and blond. His face is so cool. The white around his chin and mouth and at the tufts of his ears is the only white on him. His eyes are rimmed with a beautiful gold and black inside that. And we just love the black dots on his face where each whisker emerges. The pictures don't do him justice. To top it all off he is the sweetest, most cuddly cat I've ever had. He's just an incredible boy. You all would love him. He comes up and head butts me all the time so I'll reach out and pet his luxuriously soft fur.
Attachments
SnackPlease.JPG
Sunscreen.JPG
PoodyPie.JPG
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

Very pretty kitties. Poody reminds me of my Moon...a massive cat with a thick luxurious coat, mellow as can be and a total lover.

Thanks for the pictures. :)
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

What sweet babies!! I love kittie bellys!

Thanks for sharing!!
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

They are adorable! :D
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Beautiful furkids! I love their different personalities. One of the "outdoor" cats around here is a large male that has the long soft fur and is very docile and submissive. Just a big baby who likes to climb into your lap and be loved on. My DD says that when she gets her own place after college she is taking all the outside cats with her! She loves them all so much. I hated to tell her that most apartment complexes don't allow pets and if they do you have to pay extra each month to have them. For now they are better off here.

And I have to tell you about a gift that her BF got her for Valentine's Day. It's an "action figure" called "The Crazy Cat Lady"! :lol: It has a woman with six cat figures and the woman's figure has two other cats hiding on her person....one underneath her hair sitting on her shoulder and the other poking out of her pocket. It made us laugh because we currently have 5 indoor cats and take care of 3 outdoor ones........8 in all...just like the "Crazy Cat Lady". :lol:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Lionitus

Post by Lionitus »

Oh Joan, I wonder where you daughter's boyfriend got that figurine? I know my Mom, sister and sister-in-law would love that. And my husband would appreciate it too. It sounds so cute. We have six kitties right now and it's a handful. I admire you for taking care of 8 kitties. You are a good person to give them a home. So many need help.

I'm afraid you are right, apartment complexes are very difficult places to keep kitties. Plus, I would be afraid that they would be exposed to a lot of people coming and going and extra traffic from the other tenants. You are right, they are probably better off staying with you. But I can understand the love your daughter has for them and not wanting to be without them. Bless you both.
newtohosta-no more

I don't expect my daughter to be moving anytime soon after she graduates anyway. She will have to find a good job and then start paying off her student loans, so money will be tight for a bit. There's no hurry for her to move out, so she will be here at home with all kitties. :)
As to the action figure.....I know her BF found it online, so I'll bet it would be easy to find by googling "Crazy Cat Lady". I'll give it a shot. :lol:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

newtohosta-no more

Yep....that was easy! This is the first one I found when I did a search. I have slow dial up and it seemed to take forever and a day to load, but this will show you what the action figure looks like. Would make a funny gag gift. :lol:
www.mcphee.com/amusements/current/11377.html
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Snow

Post by Snow »

Adorable kitties :lol:
~*Snow*~
jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

Lovely furkids....they are all adorable.
New Topic Post Reply