Hummingbirds info...

Each member may create their own topic to this forum where they can then post plant lists, personal information pages, and/or photographs to share with other members. Please limit your entry to one topic per member. No selling allowed.
Roxanne

Post by Roxanne »

You go Girl!! Nice choices. :P Are you liking it, living in Colorado? :cool:
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Hi Rachel,
I'll make it harder for you then :lol: :lol: Take off Paradigm, and Sagae from your list and I'll send you some nice starts of those. You had to leave your hole garden behind in Canada and this will be like a new welcome garden.
hummingbird
USDA Zone: 9b

Post by hummingbird »

Thank you Roxanne, yes so far enjoying it very much....the weather has been very nice the past few weeks (late teens to mid 20's), however because of that the few hostas I have here are waking up TOO EARLY. Got a greenhouse coming so they will get dug up and put in there to avoid getting nipped, still gonna get freezing temps here yet before end of May, so don't want them to get frosty.

Jamie :o , you serious? OMG well that gives me room to order 2 more hostas :lol: , no seriously that's super sweet of you to offer that. Not sure what to say except a huge THANK YOU for being so generous., a welcome garden sounds perfect.
Yes starting over in the garden is hard after putting my heart into the old one, but it's opportunity to perhaps do a better job of it. We will see, have to make all new beds over the next couple weeks, so time to start putting plans on paper I guess. I'll try to show b4 and after pics....why is it so hard to remember to take the B4 pics?

There are some of my seedlings and breeding plants I still want to bring over from Canada, so going to work on getting that accomplished when I go visit my old garden in June. A few may get registered if they come back looking like they have been over the past few years. So very anxious to see what they do this year.
"Friends are as elusive as rainbows"
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Hi Rachel,
I'll PM you for the address when I start to see the eyes here :D :D .. I'm thinking that I'll have a Wolverine to send also :wink: :D Trying to make some room here for the seedlings and some of the hostas need to go :P :D .. So you may want to add 3 new ones to the orders :lol: :lol: :lol: .. I'll have to see what all I got and just send you a list to pick some from :wink: :D .. Don't want anything in return and a simple Thank You is the best reward anyone can give me. I've mowed my neighbors grass now for 3 years just because she's polite enough to come out when I'm done and say those 2 special words Thank You.

If you didn't plant so many hostas in the first few years the B4 pictures would be easier.. I think were so addicted to planting the first few years that we totally forget to take pictures :lol: :D :wink:
hummingbird
USDA Zone: 9b

Post by hummingbird »

My list has been updated...you can view it here http://www.rachelshostas.com/Current_Hosta_List.html
"Friends are as elusive as rainbows"
New Topic Post Reply