Teagate, 2015 pictures

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
Tigger
USDA Zone: 6b - 7a

Teagate, 2015 pictures

Post by Tigger »

Hi, all,

I have been remiss at posting picture. I blame the iPad, which lets me lurk easily but not access all the iPhoto pics (when I get around to importing them from the cameras). I also blame my recent travel schedule, which sent me to China and India (business + pleasure on the first, little pleasure on the second!).

A few garden shots from today:
From the front stoop ;) Sagae dominates, of course, but also Sweet Home Chicago, June, Twist of Lime, gracillima, and Feather Boa (at least) showing. The pink astible is starting; the red will follow shortly.
(Hmmm... this was supposed to be a bigger picture than the others)

A grouping with Pineapple Upside Down Cake, Moon Waves, Richmond, and a Blue Angel-type in back.

The front of one of our raised beds, newly rearranged, with Cheatin' Heart, Rainbow's End, and First Mate. A piece of Curly Fries to the right, which was not happy in a tufa trough last year.
Tigger

Re: Teagate, 2015 pictures

Post by Tigger »

Chris: why are my tinypic uploads all so... tiny? (well, at least not as big as I specify)

The internal upload is no better :(

Edit: I think it may be the size of the original files I'm grabbing from iPhoto. Much smaller than I would expect.
Last edited by Tigger on Jun 10, 2015 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tigger

Post by Tigger »

A few trough shots. If these weren't so heavy, they might be going to Raleigh with us for the show competition!

Acer japonicum 'Mikawa Yatsabusa' takes the lead in this one. Hosta 'Fall Dazzler' is getting too big for this use. I think that's 'Hideout' in front center.

This one is dominated by 'Blue Mouse Ears', with some other mice and things around. In the ground at 10:00 is 'Lakeside Dragonfly'.

This one is small enough to travel, but may be too big for its britches. Country Mouse, Cracker Crumbs, and Little Devil (not so little).
redcrx
USDA Zone: 7

Post by redcrx »

Nice photos - thanks.

I can't keep Rainbows End and Fall Dazzler alive. It's weird.
Ed McHugh, Sicklerville NJ
ImageMockingbird feeding juvenile yellow raisons - never leave home without them.
Eleven
USDA Zone: 6a

Post by Eleven »

Funny how we have such different experiences. Rainbow's End was strong in my garden, until I removed it for nematodes.

Fall Dazzler has grown visibly since I got it last month, whereas First Mate has gone downhill every year. This might be the one it croaks. :hmm: Same with London Fog. Maybe I just got duds.
~Shawna
Tigger

Post by Tigger »

First Mate spent last year (at least) in "the pen" (grow-up bed for newbies and recovering oldies, filled with soil/potting soil mix). It wasn't doing much in garden soil. We'll see how it likes the fluffier soil of this raised bed.
redcrx
USDA Zone: 7

Post by redcrx »

First Mate was one of my earliest hosta 2009. Here it is yesterday. I think it got a little chewed-up by the voles last year and that's why it's in pieces.
First Mate - June 9, 2015
First Mate - June 9, 2015
Ed McHugh, Sicklerville NJ
ImageMockingbird feeding juvenile yellow raisons - never leave home without them.
New Topic Post Reply